Saturday, September 5, 2015
This quilt began as an experiment in making hourglass/QST blocks. You can see the post about it here: Hourglass Blocks. Then, I added four-patches. Then I added some more four-patches. Then I added a border. Then I added another border... Let's just say it grew improvisationally.
I made a layout plan on EQ7 after I made the blocks.
The actual quilt looks a bit different, but I am so glad to have the EQ7 program for a layout tool.
I used a black paisley print for the backing and binding.
I like the quilt, but I love all shades of red (except those with yellow in them). I'm hoping the color combination won't be too jarring for the quilt's recipient.
This quilt grew in the making; I didn't begin with an overall plan. Perhaps I should call myself The Experimental Abuela!
Linked to My Quilt Infatuation