Monday, March 21, 2016

Jamestown Landing--Part 5

I have been piecing the string borders for Jamestown Landing.

I usually use telephone book pages, but since I need long strips of strings, I decided to buy a ream of newsprint paper (12" x 18").






I split it lengthwise and had two long strips for foundation piecing. The paper was inexpensive, and it has saved me a lot of time. It peels off easily as well.

I marked the top and bottom edges to help with the straight placement of my first strip.



String piece as normal. For a tutorial see THIS POST . Here is a quick recap:





Secure first strip somewhere near the center with a little dab of washable glue stick.





Sew second strip to the edge of the first and fold back.





Add the third strip to the other side of the first.




Continue adding a strip to each side and pressing them back until your paper is filled.




Filled paper




Turn it over




Trim to size



Ta-Da!



Remove paper




Two finished strips of border



These will be sewn together to create the correct border length for my quilt. I'll post pictures when I've got them on. Making progress!




I'm linking with Fiber Tuesday 52 at The Quilting Room with Mel.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela