The front is a pattern called Milky Way. It is a traditional block (the pattern can be found HERE). It is a tessellating pattern, so the block picture doesn't really do it justice--you only see the interlocking stars when it has been assembled. Mine is a bit of a variation on the block--I added the four-patches which makes the pattern look a bit like a Snail's Trail.
The back looks a bit washed out in the photos (the sun was very bright). It was pieced with orphan blocks, leftovers, and squares of purples from my stash. No real plan here--just spread out the odd blocks among the plain ones.
It measures about 90" x 90". I quilted it with simple, straight lines in a lilac colored thread.
With this quilt, I learned that my brain doesn't tessellate well! It reminded me a bit of my confusion the first time I set a quilt on point, but I've learned to do that, so I think I could do another of these, if I tried (though, to give my brain a rest--it may be a while).
Best wishes for many years of joy to the happy couple.
I'm linking with Fiber Tuesday 58 at The Quilting Room with Mel.