Saturday, July 8, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge--July--Blue

I'm continuing the Rainbow Scrap Challenge--I have really enjoyed making these blocks each month (though my scrap collection is no smaller than when I began!).


My July blocks are blue--not my favorite color, but I do have quite a bit of blue variety.



I'm looking forward to assembling this quilt--it is the first rainbow-themed one I have done.




In other news--I finished the quilt from the April multi-colored blocks. I didn't want to use them in my rainbow quilt, so I invented a way to use them on their own.

This is Stringing Beads, a quilt of my own design.



You can read about the process HERE.


Thanks again to soscrappy for this great challenge!

I'm linking with Scrap Happy Saturday at soscrappy .

18 comments:

  1. Isn't the RSC project inspiring?! I've been hooked since 2013. I LOVE your stringing beads project!! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the RSC--it makes me think differently about my scraps.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Your string beads design is so cheery. What a great scrappy project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blue string blocks look great!! But I really love your finished quilt. It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks--for a color I don't really like, I have lots of blue scraps!

      Delete
  5. Those are very colorful blues. The quilt is a rainbow in every block, so cheerful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stringing Beads turned out GREAT!! Would you mind if I used your idea for a future quilt? I absolutely LOVE String quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I'm working on a sort of variation of the idea now. I'd love to see what you come up with.

      Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  7. Your stringing beads is fabulous! It really worked well. Have fun assembling your rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's fun to see an idea become a real quilt.

      Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  8. I really like the Stringing Beads - very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blue blocks. I love your Stinging Beads quilt - great design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Lin. Thanks, too, for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela