Saturday, November 25, 2017

On Ringo Lake--Part 1

I am participating in Bonnie Hunter's annual Quiltville mystery again this year. The quilt is called On Ringo Lake in honor of a trip Bonnie took to Minnesota this year.

The suggested colors are chocolate brown, aqua, coral, and neutral. I'm switching the aqua for green since I'm not a big fan of blue.


Here are some of the fabrics I will be using. (I didn't photograph the neutrals.) I'm likely to find more fabrics to throw in as I go along.









The first clue had us making 9-patches.

Just a sampling--there are many more!



I took "chocolate brown" quite literally in some of the blocks.

These chocolate chips won't melt on the quilt!

I enjoy mystery quilts and am looking forward to the next clue of this one. The clues are given once a week on Friday until the mystery is completed. Happy Quilting!

I'm linking with Mystery Monday at Quiltville and Fiber Tuesday 136 at The Quilting Room with Mel.






20 comments:

  1. I love your color scheme! This is going to be a very fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I kept fairly close to the suggested colors, but my imaginary rowboat is green!

      Delete
  2. Love a change of colors... I'm fighting w my color choices right now... good reason to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt with the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I've participated for the past two years and really enjoyed them. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I love your greens!! Can’t wait to see how the quilt develops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the literal interpretation of chocolate brown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am trying to keep up with Bonnie'a mystery. So far so good. I like you color choices. ( robinsbusiness@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green! This is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty green! And real chocolate (fabric) - yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vireya. I've got another chocolate to use later, too. (Now, I'm hungry!) :)

      Delete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela