Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Pinwheel Explosion

 This is a simple, scrappy quilt that I designed with different sizes of pinwheels.

Pinwheel Explosion (84" x 84")

The pinwheels finished at 12", 6", and 4". It could be made with 8", 4", and 2", if you prefer [or other sizes, if you want to do the math 😉].

 

 

Pinwheel Explosion (detail)
 

I arranged the pinwheels so that, on a bed, the smallest ones would fall in the center. I used scraps for the pinwheels themselves, though the background was cut from yardage.

 


Pinwheel Explosion (backing and binding detail)

I backed the quilt with a green brushstrokes print and bound it with a yellow/gold solid.


A very simple block and arrangement--sometimes, simple is just the ticket! 🎫


Happy Quilting. 😸


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela