Saturday, May 13, 2023

Little Tulips

 

Little Tulips (35" x 40")

I tried another Log Cabin pattern! 🌷🌷🌷


This pattern was from a book entitled Log Cabin Flower Quilts by Nancy Brenan Daniel (ISBN: 978-0881957426). I call it "Little Tulips" not because the tulips are especially small, but because I so rarely make small quilts that the size of this one is the first thing I notice when I look at it!

 

Little Tulips (detail)

 

The tulip blocks (set on point) are 8" finished. The flowers are made of thirties reproduction fabrics. I chose these because I wanted to use a gifted panel on the back, and that panel featured the same type of print.


Little Tulips (backing detail)

I wish I could have centered the panel a bit better on the back, but I had NO wiggle room! It was almost exactly the same size as the top; thus, I did what I could. I bound it in the same yellow I used as the flowers' centers.

It is tiny but colorful. It was fun to try another way of using a Log Cabin block--there will be more experiments in the future.

Happy Quilting! 😸




4 comments:

  1. That is the most darling little tulip quilt...what a unique way to use log cabin blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun to see how different they can look. 😊🌷🌷🌷😊

      Delete
  2. I love how the small alterations in a traditional log cabin block make such an impressive new look! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--I'm enjoying trying new ways with it. 😊🌷🌷🌷😊

      Delete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela