Thursday, October 19, 2017

Birds and Fruit

I wanted to make a quilt for a friend, and I decided to use some panels I bought quite a long time ago with her in mind.


I rarely use panels, so I worked up a quick layout by measuring them and constructing alternate blocks in the same size.

The dark rectangles represent the panels.







The construction was easy, and soon I had a top.

Top before quilting



Luckily, I bought some fabric to match the panels when I originally got them--it was perfect for the centers of the alternate blocks, the backing, and the binding.


Backing and binding detail



After quilting, I gave it a wash, and now it is ready to go!

Birds and Fruit  66" x 74"






I think the panels look good surrounded by the very simple alternate blocks--I didn't want it to be too busy.

I enjoyed making this--it can be fun to design around a special fabric you want to use.

I'm linking with Fiber Tuesday 132 at The Quilting Room with Mel.




8 comments:

  1. It's turned out beautifully - your friend will be thrilled, I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. This will be a great idea for some Project Linus quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--it would work with any panel. Just measure and construct an alternate block. Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  3. It's wonderful! Your friend will love it!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty quilt! The birds are marvelous, and that matching fabric is perfect with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--my friend liked it. Thanks, too, for visiting my blog.

      Delete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela