Sunday, October 15, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge--October--Pink

This month's challenge color is pink.








Once again, I made some diagonal blocks all pink and others half pink/half neutral. I also made some all pink straight-set blocks.

I've been thinking of how I will put this year's blocks together. I worked up a couple of ideas on EQ7 which I am still refining.




This one has arcs (like a rainbow!) of colors. I like it, but I'm not sure about it.




This one is straight-set--I'm thinking I like is better than the first. I would need to add a border to the top like the one I have indicated on the bottom.

More thinking is in order!

I am enjoying the challenge--thanks to soscrappy for hosting it.

I am linking to Scrap Happy Saturday Parade of Pink and Fiber Tuesday 131 at The Quilting Room with Mel.

8 comments:

  1. Love both of your quilt ideas but, like you, I think I prefer the second one - the vertical strips. Pretty pink string blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda. Thanks, too, for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't really appreciate the arc in the first one. I like to do diagonal going from bottom left to upper right. It seems to be the way your eye moves across the quilt anyway. Have also done off-center placement, with the change in color or direction off center a bit to the right and down. A quilt professional mentioned that this really does help your eye move across, and adds interest. Something to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks--I'm still on the fence. :) I'm going to make the four-patches and then decide.

      Thanks so much for visiting--I really appreciate it

      Delete
  5. oooo - I really, really love that first one! These pink blocks are gorgeous, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela