Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Batik Leader and Ender Rail Fence Donation Quilts

My personal leader/ender project has been fruitful this year. These are donation quilts #7 and #8!

Numbers 5 and  6 can be found HERE.

Numbers 3 and 4 are HERE.

Numbers 1 and 2 are HERE.


This time, I went with an uneven Rail Fence block to better show off the colors in the batiks I used. I did one in a stairstep layout and the other in a windmill layout.

#7 Batik and Black Rail Fence (stairstep layout)--66" x 74"

#7 Batik and Black Rail Fence (detail)

#7 Batik and Black Rail Fence (backing and binding detail)


#8 Batik and Black Rail Fence (windmill layout)--64" x 64"

#8 Batik and Black Rail Fence (detail)

#8 Batik and Black Rail Fence (backing and binding detail)

I'm not a big batik fan, and some of these fabrics are truly ugly! However, when you put them together, the overall effect is good.

I'm still putting together Rail Fence blocks as leaders and enders--more quilts to come!

I'm linking with Fiber Tuesday 148 at the Quilting Room with Mel.

4 comments:

  1. You are so right-the overall effect is one of beauty. You are so kind to make donation quilts which I'm sure are so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn. Thanks, too, for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. Your quilts look lovely. They are going to make someone very happy.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela