Saturday, April 8, 2023

Log Cabin Finishes

I finally finished up my Log Cabin quilts. They are fun to make, and I have plans for more!

First, a very traditional brown/neutral one.

Brown Log Cabin 95" x 95"


Brown Log Cabin (center detail)


Brown Log Cabin (detail)

Brown Log Cabin (detail)


Brown Log Cabin (back and binding detail)

For this quilt I used 1.5" strips (finished at 1"). The center red square is a constant fabric which I also used as binding. The back is a brown paint stroke print with a center panel of fruit and foliage (you can just see it in the backing detail picture). I quilted it with straight lines.


The second is a curved Log Cabin in red and white.

Curved Log Cabin (67" x 88")


Curved Log Cabin (detail)


Curved Log Cabin (back and binding detail)

This one was made with 2.5" red (and white on red) strips and 1.5" white (and red on white) strips. The center is a constant, and I also used it for binding. The back is a red/white check. I started the light side of these blocks with plain white strips to make sure the contrast in the center was strong. Again, I quilted it with straight lines.

I enjoyed making both of these. The red (2.5") strips seemed very wide--I may adjust them a bit if I do another curved Log Cabin block. I really love the brown one--I think the colors turned out well.

I have another Log Cabin in progress. This one is in the Courthouse Steps variation, and it is VERY scrappy. I have plans for several more as well, so you will be seeing more Cabin construction from me!


Happy Quilting! 😸












2 comments:

  1. Nice quilts. I only ever made one log cabin, and it was just blocks to make a quilted jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were fun to do--it seemed odd to me that I'd never done one. Many people have told me that it was the first quilt they ever made. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! Thanks so much for visiting, Cheryl.

      Delete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela