This week I chose and applied borders to my quilt top:
I had a hard time choosing borders. There is so much going on in the quilt top that I didn't want anything too busy, but there are also a lot of neutrals, so I didn't want anything too bland. I didn't want the borders so loud they looked out of place either. I finally went with the combination above, but I'm still not really sure about it!
I had some extra blocks and some trial blocks, so I put them together in these panels which I sewed into the backing--now to keep them straight when I layer this up and baste it.
Speaking of layering and basting, that will be my next step--little by little I'm moving forward.