Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Old Tobacco Road--Ready for Final Border

I've been working steadily on this quilt (Old Tobacco Road--A Bonnie Hunter quilt), and I'm ready for the outside border.






I auditioned two types: straight strings like I did for Jamestown Landing and string squares, which would produce a zigzag effect. I liked the zigzag, but in the end, I thought it was too busy. I have started stitching the borders. Here is one, placed at the edge of the top to check its effect:






Stay tuned! I'll show the finished quilt as soon as I get it done.


 I am linking with Fiber Tuesday 54 at The Quilting Room with Mel.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela