Thursday, April 28, 2022

Rhododendron Trail Finish

 Bonnie Hunter's annual mystery this year was called Rhododendron Trail.


I stayed (mostly) with Bonnie's colors--only substituting green for aqua. This is a different quilt than my usual ones; it is much lighter in color overall, but it is nice to make something out-of-the-ordinary sometimes.

Rhody Trail (92" x 100")


Rhody Trail (border and binding detail)


Rhody Trail (backing and binding detail)

A fun project--I love Mystery Quilts!


Happy Quilting. 😸








Monday, April 4, 2022

Three Finishes

 I haven't been posting much lately, but the quiltmaking continues!


This is a flannel couch quilt. A dear friend gave me some flannels, and I added a few of my own to the mix. I backed it with a piece of fleece I had on hand that happened to be exactly the right size!


Old-Style Winter Print Flannel (60" x 71")

Old-Style Winter Print Flannel (detail)

Old-Style Winter Print Flannel (backing and binding detail)

Next up is a Hallowe'en Trip Around the World. I know it is out-of-season, but next October, I'll be ready! 🎃 I call this one Spooky Trip Around the World.


Spooky Trip Around the World (90" x 90")


Spooky Trip Around the World (edge detail)


Spooky Trip Around the World (center detail)


This third quilt is a Bonnie Hunter design called Boxy Bow Ties. For some reasons, it sits in my brain as Botox Ties! Other than string quilts, this might be the scrappiest quilt I've ever made. There is a little of everything in here. I added a few extra cornerstones in the sashing that weren't part of the original design.


Boxy Bow Ties (94" x 94")

Boxy Bow Ties (detail)

Boxy Bow Ties (detail)


Boxy Bow Ties (backing and binding detail)


I'm still working on the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt, Rhododendron Trail, and I'm doing her Hearts of Hope quiltalong as well. I've lots of projects in the works.

Happy Quilting! 😸























Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Embroidered Baby Quilt

 I was given some stamped quilt blocks to embroider, and I decided to make a baby quilt with them.

Really bad picture, sorry! 46" x 60"

 

There were twelve baby animal blocks . . .


. . . which I combined using sashing in between.


By adding triangles to the sashing ends and including cornerstones, I formed a star at each of the corners of the embroidered blocks.

I finished it with a striped binding.


The quilt went together quickly--the embroidery took longer than the construction!

It looks terribly wrinkled in these photos, but after washing, it is much smoother. I put this one away for a future gift.

Happy Quilting! 😺