Thursday, January 25, 2018

Sapphire (Ruby) Stars is Finished

Last year, Kevin the Quilter hosted a mystery quilt project. He called it Sapphire Stars, and it was fun to participate with others in creating a quilt.

His quilt featured blue, but I went with my favorite color--RED! I don't think I ever really understood the concept of light red, so my quilt doesn't sparkle like Kevin's, but I like it. Please pardon the bad pictures--I was battling both the flu and the wind!










 Many thanks to Kevin for the great project.

I'm linking with Fiber Tuesday 143 at The Quilting Room with Mel.





10 comments:

  1. Red is my favorite color, too. Yes, I don't think red has lights, mediums and darks like most other colors do. Your quilt turned out nice. I still need to finish mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cheryl. Thanks, too, for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, "light"red would have been pink, dark red can be burgundy: actually the contrast worked very well between the star centers and their legs. I like how your version came out. Thanks for sharing despise being ill. Take good care of your health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to stay red. I could do light, medium, and dark pink--so I consider it a color on its own (if that makes any sense). The closest I can come to the concept of light red was the idea of a faded red fabric, but I didn't have any. Bright and dark red were easy, though.

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. That is beautiful! It reminds me of Nanny B.for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great detail photos - love your striped borders, too. Congratulations on your quilt finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful quilt! Congratulations on a stunning finish! So brave of you to battle the flu and the wind to take pictures! I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; I am better. Thanks, too, for your kind words about the quilt. It was a fun project.

      Delete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela