Thursday, January 10, 2019

Stringy Lanes

I decided to make another traditional pattern but with the addition of string blocks.

I made a Sunny Lanes pattern in the past using calico in place of the usually solid "lane" fabric. My post about that quilt can be found HERE.

Calico Sunny Lanes

This time, I replaced the four-patch blocks with string blocks.

Stringy Lanes 74" x 94"

This is a larger quilt than the first, and I'm not really happy with how the lanes at the edges worked. Next time, I need to take a bit more time in the planning stage, to create a more symmetrical pattern.

I do, however, love the colors and fun fabrics.

Stringy Lanes (detail)

Stringy Lanes (detail) Two little monkey faces

Stringy Lanes (detail) Nutcrackers and chocolates

Stringy Lanes (detail) Inspector Clouseau and a chicken


Stringy Lanes (back and binding detail)


This was a fun project. It is easy to replace traditional blocks with string blocks to make a new variation on an old favorite.


I'm almost finished with the top of my Good Fortune quilt (Bonnie K. Hunter's Mystery). I'll have pictures soon.

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela