Thursday, October 21, 2021

A Bit More Retrospection (Bonnie Hunter Designs)

As I was looking back at my Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilts (see previous post), I thought it would be interesting to remind myself of the other BH patterns I have made. I have included  Bonnie's name for the pattern and my name for individual quilts [in brackets], if they differed. The year indicated was the year that I completed the project.

Carolina Chain (2015)


Patches and Pinwheels (2015)

 

Bricks and Stepping Stones [AKA Autumn Path] (2015)

 

These were three of my first efforts. I was afraid of the small pieces, so I made the units a bit bigger than the pattern indicated.

 

 

Spiderweb [AKA Flowing Flowers] (2015)
 

This was not a BH pattern--I've done several Spiderweb-type quilts; however, the idea for the offset blocks came from Bonnie's blog as she was constructing her own version.


Random Ohio Stars (2015)

This was a favorite of mine--the little stars were just SO CUTE! 😸

 


Jamestown Landing (2016)

Jamestown Landing (in red rather than blue) was my first complex BH pattern--lots of little pieces. It took me quite a long time to make the millions of HSTs required (okay, not really millions, but it seemed like it!). Finishing this one felt like an enormous accomplishment. 

 

Pfeffernüse (2016)

This is still one of my favorites--so warm and cozy in brown and red with its flannel backing.

 


Carolina Chain (2016)

Another Carolina Chain, but this time I made it in Christmas fabrics. This is a great pattern to show off fabric prints.

 


Twirl Around (2017)

As soon as I saw this quilt pattern, I knew it would be my next project! I switched out the colors, making mine green and rust.

 


Sand Castles (2019)

This was the most fun I've ever had making a quilt. Sand Castles went together so well that I felt like an expert. I love the way it turned out.

 


Winter Blues [AKA Summer Sunshine] (2021)

When I saw the pattern for Winter Blues, nothing would do but that I make it in yellows. I don't know why--yellow isn't my favorite color, but I'm so pleased that I went with my impulse. This quilt is on my bed now, and it simply brightens my day every time I look at it! 😎


So, in looking back, I find that, including the mysteries, I have completed twenty-one Bonnie Hunter patterns! Wow--I wouldn't have believed that possible when I began. 😺


I'm not sure what my next BH project will be (other than this year's mystery), but I'm ready to make another quilt. Stay tuned!

 

Happy Quilting! 😸













 








8 comments:

  1. Amazing! What a beautiful stack of accomplishments. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, kiddo! Thanks, too, for visiting my blog. :)
      Love you more.

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful BH quilts you've made; I really love those Carolina Chains--especially the Christmas one--
    lovely works...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fun pattern to make. Thanks for visiting, Julierose.

      Delete
  3. You are truly inspirational. I can't wrap my head around even reading through one of Bonnie's patterns and telling myself that I could do it . . . thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. It's like eating an elephant--one bite at a time!

      Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  4. It is! I love making them. Thanks for visiting! 😺

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela