Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Embroidered Baby Quilt

 I was given some stamped quilt blocks to embroider, and I decided to make a baby quilt with them.

Really bad picture, sorry! 46" x 60"

 

There were twelve baby animal blocks . . .


. . . which I combined using sashing in between.


By adding triangles to the sashing ends and including cornerstones, I formed a star at each of the corners of the embroidered blocks.

I finished it with a striped binding.


The quilt went together quickly--the embroidery took longer than the construction!

It looks terribly wrinkled in these photos, but after washing, it is much smoother. I put this one away for a future gift.

Happy Quilting! 😺














9 comments:

  1. That must have taken you ages to stitch each block. Is this vintage, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is older, but I think it is still produced. Mine was given to me.

      Delete
  2. I think the striped sashing was a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I tried to find something to add interest and to coordinate with the colors in the blocks.

      Delete
  3. Very nice crib quilt. Hand embroidery does take awhile. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I enjoy hand sewing--it helps keep my arthritic joints limber!

      Delete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela