Saturday, February 6, 2016

Allietare--Layering It Up!

I'm layering and basting my Allietare--Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery quilt.


I chose to go with a red border; I like the "notched" look it gives to the edge when placed beside the red setting triangles (a little like the silhouette of the Tower of Pisa). I've decided not to do the scalloped edge--since the quilt it heavy on angles, I'd rather not introduce curves--I think the notches add enough interest.
















I'm using a wool batting and a flannel back. The grey of the flannel goes well with the grey on the front.








I do glue basting, so a little drying time, and it will be ready to quilt. I hope to get to it next weekend, since Presidents' Day offers an extra day off work to quilt.



I have loved this mystery--thanks, Bonnie!

I'm linking with Quiltville's Mystery Monday Link-Up.






6 comments:

  1. Great idea for the border. I really like the "notched" look, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vireya. I've enjoyed working on this and seeing everyone's work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the red there. It does give an interesting border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is so pretty!! I do really like that notched look by using the red for the border. And yes! I'm jealous that you can quilt yours up already. ;D

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela