Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Old Tobacco Road--Completed

I finished my version of Bonnie Hunter's Old Tobacco Road, and I love it!


I wrote about beginning this quilt HERE, and I posted a progress report HERE.


I made a few changes to the design--using some constant fabrics, changing the border, etc.--but it is very much like the one I fell in love with on Bonnie's blog.



Old Tobacco Road







Old Tobacco Road (border detail)






Backed with flannel







You may remember this photograph of a tobacco field from my earlier post. Bonnie had posted it with these quilt instructions, and I tried to pay close attention to it when choosing colors for my four-patch blocks.


Tobacco field photo for color inspiration

Old Tobacco Road (detail)

Thanks to Bonnie Hunter for the free pattern. It can be found here: Old Tobacco Road. (Scroll all the way to the bottom of the list--it was a mystery quilt.)


This was a fun project--I had a great time making it.


I will be linking to Jo's Country Junction for her UFO Challenge and Fiber Tuesday 64 at The Quilting Room with Mel .







6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! I like your constant-colors choices, and the string/piano-key border sets it off so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susie--and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that mystery. I didn't ever finish mine, but now that I see how beautiful yours turned out, I wish I had stuck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn. I wasn't quilting much when it came out originally, so I picked it up late, but I'm glad I did. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. This is one of my most favorite quilts you have made. A true masterpiece, from idea to design to crafting!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela