Monday, July 4, 2016

Thrifty Purchase

The quilt I am working on right now is a gift, so I can't show pictures of it.


Last week, I made a thrifty purchase from Marshall Dry Goods Wholesale. I receive ads from them, but usually the amounts are too much for me. This time, however, the offering was a tone-on-tone flat-fold bundle.


Each is different in pattern and/or tone.











The bundle has fifteen different tone-on-tone fabrics--six yards each. These will be handy because so many quilts I make use this type of fabric. It would also make great backing.


In the end, even with shipping, I paid only $2.02 per yard. Thrifty indeed! If you should decide to order from the wholesale side of Marshall's,  I can recommend Sharon Thomas (Clicking on her name will take you to her email address.) as a sales rep. She was so very helpful to me. Marshall's, of course, also has a retail side--the quality and pricing is wonderful--give them a try--retail or wholesale. (This isn't a paid endorsement--I just love their goods.)


I hope to make some beautiful things with this fabric.

I'm linking with Fiber Tuesday 67 at The Quilting Room with Mel.






6 comments:

  1. I am suffering fabric envy right now. That is an amazing price and they all look beautiful. Sadly by the time it was shipped here to Australia it wouldn't be so affordable anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. When I see the prices you have to pay for fabric, I cringe! I have European friends with the same issue. Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  2. Rock on with your goodie grab! Very nice, congratulations! What a pile of soft-goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've already used most of three of the fabrics.

      Delete
  3. Marshall's Dry Goods rocks! Their batting prices are awesome too! Our guild gets the batting there. Even with shipping it is very reasonable. Love your thrifty pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered my most recent roll of batting there--great place! :)

      Delete

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela