Thursday, January 21, 2016

Revisiting the Quilt in Limbo

I pieced a string quilt way back in June (HERE) and July (HERE), but never got it finished. I couldn't decide how I wanted to do the back, and time got away from me. Now it is time to get back to it!


I decided to piece the back from 7 inch squares I had cut from scraps. I realize that a pieced back on a string quilt may lead to some thickness because of all the seams, but my machine has never yet balked at sewing thick areas, so I'm going to try it.


 The scraps are random, though I did try to alternate light/dark when I put it together.


Now to layer and glue baste it--I hope to do this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela