Monday, July 13, 2015

Citrus Burst

This was an unplanned quilt. I simply pulled out scraps, grouped them by color, and put them together using a mystery quilt pattern from a quilting forum. I had a tough time getting my seams to match, for some reason, but the brightness of the finished quilt makes the problems less noticeable.

I pieced the back since I didn't have enough of the print to match the quilt size, and I quilted it in a simple, straight-line grid. I used a piece of fleece for the batting--it will be warm.

Sometimes, unplanned works out just fine. This is a lesson I keep needing to relearn.


  1. If everything I try to make with no pattern neither project would come out like this I would be extra happy :)

  2. It's an easy block to figure out--just basically a nine-patch.


I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela