Thursday, July 30, 2015

Lots of Little Stitches

I've been hand quilting the Vintage Double Wedding Ring, and I have the callouses to prove it! It is coming along well, but I have no idea when I will finish--it's a long-term, no-rush project.











I'm enjoying the fabrics and the original maker's choice of arrangement. I often wonder as I quilt what was made of these fabrics since I assume that most of them are leftovers from clothing construction. So much history is in here, yet I don't know who made the quilt. It seems sad that so much work wound up in a flea market, but I feel lucky (and honored) to now be able to finish it.

3 comments:

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela