Sunday, August 30, 2015

Ohio Star Block

Since posting the hourglass or Quarter Square Triangle (QST) block last week, I've been looking for ways to use it. Today, I tried an Ohio Star block.



I pulled out some 7" squares from the piles that I cut a couple of weeks ago.






 
I made the QSTs as shown here: Hourglass Blocks




The Ohio Star is a 9-patch block made of 4 QSTs, 4 plain background blocks, and one plain square in the center to match the print of the QSTs. You can see the layout below.





Putting them together is just like any other 9-patch. Pay attention to the orientation, so your stars will emerge.







Here's another.









This is a fun block to make. Give it a try! I'm looking forward to making more to combine in a scrappy quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I have, however, had to add moderation of comments because of spammers. Thanks for your patience.
Happy Quilting,
The Eclectic Abuela